Friday, June 24, 2011

Guess What?

Someone is extubated! They took the tube out yesterday and we got to hear the faintest, sweetest little cry. It made my heart soar to finally hear my baby boy again. His cry is getting louder now and he is even cooing and "talking" to himself a little today. He is bright eyed and busy tailed and just enjoying life without a breathing tube. Dr. Turrentine was a big champion for him in getting the tube out yesterday. He was pushing mighty hard - so thanks Dr. T.

I have a picture to show you, but I'm having trouble pulling it up for some reason. So I promise to put it on here as soon as it cooperates :) He looks awful handsome if I do say so myself!

Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers friends. They are working for our boy and I can't tell you how much I appreciate every single one. Keep them coming as we begin working on feeds, removing tubes and lines, and getting moved before we can get home!

Happy Friday friends :) Hope it's a beautiful one and you all have an amazing weekend!

P.S. - happy third week birthday Lukas!!
Photobucket
Share |

2 comments:

  1. You made my day! Continued good healing to Lukas and rest and relief to you and Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that he is doing so well and on his way through recovery so fast! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...