Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Good Life.

Good morning everyone! Jonathan and I are almost 25 weeks along now, which just seems crazy to me. The weeks really have been flying by and its hard to believe in just two short weeks I will officially be in the "home stretch." I am terrible and forgot to take a belly shot this week, so please forgive me. I promise one this coming week to celebrate the big two-five.

In other news, I have been keeping myself busy with little (and big) nursery projects. I have been in a little bit of a funk this past week or so. In order to work through that little slump, I decided to keep myself preoccupied with pretty much anything I could get my hands on. Last Friday we got the nursery painted in a day, Saturday we bought the crib and some new beds for our big boys, and Sunday I went to a birthday party for my friend's one year old little man. But, we got the crib put together and its sitting in the room next to my oh-so-comfy chair and a little side table. The only other big piece of furniture is the dresser, which my Dad and I worked on together Monday. Let's just say it was definitely a labor of love. We worked on getting it sanded down for many bone chilling hours out in my garage. We had to change the original plan for what the dresser was going to look like, but I really like the new plan too. I can't wait to show it off as soon as its done. 

Speaking of the boys beds, we got those set up in the boy's new shared room this weekend as well. Unfortunately, Riley can't let Hayden have his own bed all by himself so he climbs in with him and they end up with a communal bed. Its kind of funny and cute all at the same time. They love sharing a room and that whole transition has gone much better then I ever could have anticipated.


Sleepy boys

Riley being silly at Grandma and Grandpa's

I have to gush on my mama-in-law a little bit. In the midst of my funk, my husband's parents got me a beautiful little gift. Something for me and for Lukas. Its a necklace from the Open Heart Collection by Jane Seymour. Its an angel with diamond wings and I love it. Its just perfectly perfect. So, thank you Lee and Dave!


I love this necklace - its beautiful

I don't really know how to describe exactly how I have been feeling this week. Nervous, anxious, scared. You name it, I have probably felt it. It was a little worse yesterday when I got those papers - the ones I need to fill out for my first appointment at IU. Its just another confirmation that this is all really happening and not just a figment of my imagination. I am feeling a little more at peace with everything now that I have had nearly a month for it to really sink in, but I still have my moments. I am definitely still scared and there are still days I just want to shut myself in my bedroom and not get out of bed. I still have bad dreams and am still not sleeping great. My husband asked me why I was rushing so much on all the nursery stuff and he told me just to take a break for a while. I simply told him I can't. Its my way of keeping my mind off of things. When my mind starts wandering, I get lost in these projects because it helps to keep me sane. It helps to keep my mind off of those scary "what ifs" and that vast expanse of the unknown. I just think about things I never have before. I have tried shopping for cute little clothes for him several times and I keep talking myself out of buying what I see because I have no idea how big he will be, how long he will be in the hospital, how long his incision will be tender, etc. I dwell on these things. They cross my mind at least once or twice per day, usually more. But when these thoughts turn sour, I always remind myself we are lucky in so many ways. We are so blessed beyond belief. I know our son will have a rich, beautiful life because everyone in my family (including us) will fight tooth and nail for it. And it will be beautiful. All of the little speed bumps will be worth it and we will all come out the better for it. We will appreciate life on a deeper level. We will appreciate one another on a deeper level. We will savor every single second of every single day. It will be beautiful - that's what I tell myself every single day. It will.

So - next up on the agenda is my first appointment with the perinatologist at IU on the 8th. Less than two weeks to go. And as always, please keep praying for our sweet little man!
Photobucket
Share |

3 comments:

  1. The winged angel necklace is very beautifull, I think it will bring you luck!
    We pray for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful necklace your in-laws gave you! That was really thoughtful of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The clothes that button up are best for the babies in the hospital. I was able to dress Audrina before and not too long after her surgery, she was tiny so newborn clothes are the best. Of course little hats and socks are essential and they can always wear those. Her scar healed amazingly fast and even at her 5month post-op cardiologist check-up this week the nurses gushed at how her scar is not noticeable. I would also get things ready for his hospital stay like pictures of your family, books to read to him, and comforting things, Audrina had a Sleep Sheep I kept on for her all the time. At her visit this week our cardiologist insisted we do not treat her like a heart patient and let her play, cry.... He just had a truncus patient who had her second baby!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...