Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Monday.

Happy Monday friends! I know I have been terribly neglectful of posting lately and I sincerely apologize. I haven't been feeling well and haven't been sleeping well. Needless to say, it has just made for a not-so-fun time for this mama, especially when trying to run after two very active little guys all day long. So please forgive my lack of posting. I have tons of new pictures to share with you all, but I will write up that post for you tomorrow (promise, promise, promise).

I wanted to give you all a quick update on Lukas and I.  We had a non-stress test on Thursday of last week and one this morning as well. Both went great. I had an awesome nurse named Cyndi, who sat and talked with me the entire time I was strapped up to keep me company. She is funny and so full of information. I love listening to her talk about her 40-years of nursing experience and some of the really neat things she has seen. Having so many family members in the medical field, I can appreciate all of these things. In any event, he was reactive and his strip just looked amazing. Sweet Cyndi was so proud of Lukas, as was I. Ready for some more good news? By this point with Hayden, I was in full blown preterm labor. As of now, there appears to be no signs of it occurring again with Lukas. I have uterine irritability, which is what triggered my preterm labor with both Riley and Hayden, but it seems to be holding steady and not causing any additional issues at this point. YAY!!! That is such, such good news. And it definitely helps me to breath a little easier for now.

We are also meeting with Dr. Turrentine Wednesday, which has me a bit conflicted. I am definitely looking forward to meeting the man who is going to be working his magic on our precious Lukas and hearing what he has to say, but I am also so nervous too. I think I have literally paced holes in my floors just waiting for this appointment to roll around. I'm just in a bit of a delicate place right, so I don't know if I can bear to hear any bad or "striking" news. Its hard to describe in some ways; this place I am in right now. On one hand, I am getting so excited to meet this amazing, precious little boy and each passing day is a step closer to that magical moment. Then the other hand steps in and takes control because I also know each passing day is a step closer to the inevitable. Its a step closer to handing over my tiny, innocent little boy to these surgeons who are going to fix his little heart. Its bittersweet in some ways.  In any event, back to Wednesday. We also have our last fetal echo after our appointment with Dr. Turrentine as well. I'm conflicted about that one too. Its definitely hard for me at each echo because its simply a confirmation of what is. Its confirmation that this is real and true. Its hard for me to hear about his defect at each echo and that information just lingers me with for a bit afterwards. But I won't lie; I also love the echos. I love watching that amazing little heart beat away like nothing in the world is wrong. Its so refreshing to watch his heart beat and pump and do what it is supposed to do, even in the face of his defect. So Wednesday will be the last time we see that tiny heart up close and personal before he is delivered. 

Its going to be a busy next few weeks, but guess what? We have less than 6 weeks to go. That seems mind boggling and just totally implausible. It feels like yesterday this journey began and now its nearly over. Well, I guess not over really. Its just an end to one chapter and the beginning of a new one. Less than 6 weeks and my big boys are going to be big brothers. I can't wait to see that magic unfold and I can't wait to see the love in their eyes and hearts when they lay eyes on their baby brother for the first time. I'm 99% certain I won't be able to hold myself together in that moment because I know its going to be beautiful. Speaking of beautiful, check out Hayden snuggled up lastnight with the bunny that was in his Easter basket from my amazing Grandma. He loved it! 

he has the bunny's butt in his face, haha
I have lots of pictures to share with you all from Easter yesterday, so I will get those pictures loaded for tomorrow! Promise, promise, promise. Before I say so long, please take a moment and pray for a new friend of mine, Reese. She recently found out her sweet little Peanut has truncus, just like Lukas. So please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers.

Have a happy start to the week friends! Hopefully it proves to be a good one for you all.
Photobucket
Share |

1 comment:

  1. I've heard Dr. Turrentine is an amazing, amazing man full of compassion. I hope the appointment leaves you with hope.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...