Monday, April 18, 2011

Traditions.

Thank you to Log Cabin for sponsoring my post about updated traditions in my household. To learn more about Log Cabin Syrups (which are all free of High Fructose Corn Syrup), breakfast for dinner, and other new ways to update traditions in your home, click here. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.

Traditions is something I definitely value in my home. It was a huge part of who I was growing up and what made my family special. Now that I have little ones of my own, traditions are more important than ever. One big tradition that has been updated in my home is the idea of "drinner" or breakfast-for-dinner. This is something my parents did frequently when I was child and an event I always looked forward to. Of course, back then it was the classic breakfast of bacon, eggs, and toast. We've changed it up a bit in our house to one of our boy's favorites: french toast with confectioners sugar and LOTS of syrup. Riley and Hayden are always a sticky mess afterword, but they love every second of it. 

We've also updated our holiday traditions. Before children, my husband and I never opened presents on Christmas Eve. We didn't wake up with that "have to open it this second" itch that we did when we were younger. Now that the boys have graced our lives and filled our hearts we have our parents over every Christmas Eve and the boys get to open their presents from their grandparents. Of course, they still have to wait until Christmas morning to open the ones from Jonathan and I. Every year we buy them matching button-up Christmas pajamas and they eat it up. They have a hard time going to sleep amidst all the excitement and anticipation.

Even birthdays are somewhat different than they used to. The boys always get their present early from Jonathan and I. Its just our way of quietly celebrating with them and only them. Its our way to enjoy the bright smiles and loud shrieks we receive at giving them a gift that's meant only for them. Its what makes our world go round and I love it. Every second of it.

 
So how about you all? Any awesome traditions you would like to share with me? 



Photobucket
Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...