Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Tip My Hat.

So I was a little excited to walk out to the mailbox this afternoon to gather our mail. Not because I was excited for the bills that lay in waiting, but because there was a special little package in there today. About a month ago I won a drawing from Happy Hooks Crochet simply for being a fan on her Facebook page. I am a total sucker for a good handmade item so I was completely shocked that I won out of like 500 people (it was a totally random drawing). Anyways, I used my freebie gift card to get a little sock monkey hat for Lukas. Of course, he will be a summer boy so he won't be wearing it for awhile. Therefore, I got him a 6-12 month size one simply so he could sport it this winter. I absolutely LOVE it! Like head over heels in love with it. 

don't you LOVE it?? (ps - do you like my mousepad I made? Its the same fabric that is in Lukas' nursery so its super special)
So a great big thank you to Samantha Andrews at Happy Hooks Crochet. Its perfect beyond words and I cannot stop staring at it =)

I have been in such a good mood this week with the news my sister and her family is moving back to town. A few people have asked me about the time table for when she will be back and I am not really sure. I just know his residency starts in July. So just a few more months til I get to see them whenever I want. WOO HOO!

As I think I told you all, my husband has rheumatoid arthritis and unfortunately his symptoms are not well managed on the medication he is currently taking. So he now has to see an occupational therapist once per week until his symptoms are better managed. He had his first appointment yesterday and he got some good information as well as some exercises he needs to do everyday to help loosen up his joints and reduce the inflammation. He also is supposed to wear braces on his hands at night to help with the inflammation in his joints as well. He sees his rheumatologist every 2 months for a check up and bloodwork. When he sees her again coming up in the next month or so, he will get put on a second medication that will hopefully help his numbness and swelling. Say a prayer that his symptoms start going away soon, as it is terribly hard on him =(

I know its kind of short and sweet today, but there isn't a whole lot of new stuff to report. My little fella has a post-op appointment with the urologist tomorrow to check on how things looks after his hydrocele removal/hernia repair. So hopefully everything looks good and that is the last time we will ever see Dr. Cain (I promise that is meant in the most loving way possible). 

Other than that its kind of a slow week. But tomorrow is St. Patty's Day! Make sure you wear your green (which is my favorite color ever). Have a happy hump day friends and please keep praying for our sweet boy.
Photobucket
Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...