Friday, March 4, 2011

So Good.

That big milestone I have waited for has finally arrived. Jonathan and I are finally in the double digit countdown to my due date! Of course, Lukas will be here a bit early due to a repeat Cesearan section, but man am I excited to see that ticker read less than 100 days to go! We are 26 weeks as of today, which means one more week ‘til the home stretch (aka the third trimester)! And just to celebrate, here is a growing 26-week belly for you:


With the weekend quickly approaching, my anticipation grows. I walk by the paperwork on my countertops a million times a day and every time I glance down my heart beats a little faster. Rather than basking in negativity, I am reminding myself multiple times this weekend that this is good. This is another paving stone in our journey to make this path a little less bumpy. I am actually very excited to meet Dr. Schubert. I have heard such wonderful things about him and I admit, I am glad to have someone with such a great reputation on my side watching over Lukas and I.

This weekend, I am determined to suck every drop out of these moments with my boys; to drink in every ounce of them and their love. I will spend the weekend admiring Hayden’s incredible bed head when he runs out of his room in the morning. 
 
isn't that just plain crazy?


I will spend the weekend snuggling with Riley under duvet covers because he isn’t feeling good. 

look at that sad, sick face  =(
I will spend the weekend hearing their precious voices (and coughs) and know just how lucky I really am. I will dream good dreams and smile and laugh like crazy. I will tell my husband just how much I love him, what an amazing father he is to our boys, and how much having him by my side means to me.

Daddy kisses (from Christmas time - hence the stockings in the background - haha)
There are times I still get filled with doubt. Although this endeavor has just begun for our family, it has filled me with a sense of fear and uncertainty unlike anything I have ever known. I am sure other heart mamas who have traveled this road long before I will vouch for that feeling. When we first found out, I felt like the world was crumbling around me. I wasn’t sure how to recover or if I even could recover from hearing such difficult news. I am recovering though. It is a slow process and there will be many speed bumps ahead to slow me down, but right now I am basking in the goodness of where I am. Is it a tough situation? Definitely. Are there days my fear is almost crippling? Absolutely. But I am able to focus more now on the positive. Like the fact that regardless of everything else to come, we get a beautiful, new baby boy to call our own. We get to love him, kiss him, and wash his skin with our happy tears. We get to witness a living, breathing miracle every single day. And we get another little slice of Heaven right here on Earth.

If there is one thing I have learned from this, it’s to find beauty in places and situations you may never have before. To take the time to appreciate those little joys in life no matter how minute they may appear. To bask in the love of family and friends and to realize just how precious and beautiful life really is. So this weekend I want you all to do me a favor – I want you to take a minute and find beauty in something you may never have before. Whether you find beauty in the wind driven swaying of tree branches or the laughter of a loved one, just find one thing this weekend and soak it all in; every teeny tiny moment of it. I promise you will be the better for it =)

And before I wish you all a happy weekend I just had to share this because it fit so very perfectly. I give you the fourth gift of healing:

love it =)

 Have a happy and safe weekend friends and please keep on praying for Lukas!


Photobucket
Share |

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you. I didn't find out about my son's defects until two weeks after his birth so I have not experienced what it is to know ahead of time. I can only imagine that you are filled with such anticipation of what lies ahead. Finding out after their birth....several weeks after their brith....is very difficult as well. No matter which way you look at it it is difficult either way. There are always so many unknowns hanging in the balance. However have faith! Keep holding onto hope!!

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...