Monday, March 28, 2011

Squirrels and Tractors.

Happy Monday friends. I hope everyone had a good weekend and you all did something fun. The weather here was a bit deceiving. It was super sunny and looked oh so refreshingly warm outside. That is until you actually tip toed out there. Nature was playing a serious joke because it was bitterly cold. I think it only got up to something like 37 on Saturday. Brrr...

But we did have a good weekend despite the cold. Saturday we decided to go on a drive because I have been wanting some woodsy/outdoorsy photos to have printed and hung in Lukas' room. On the way we decided to drive out to Jonathan's uncle's farm and snap a few pictures for fun. 

I have this obsession with combines...don't ask me why
Jonathan's cousin Cadence just got a full time job at John Deere in North Carolina, so these seemed fitting

We had a lot of fun on the farm wandering around and looking at everything. Its the first time (sadly) I had ever really been there and really taken the opportunity to drink it all in. You have to admit, there is something pretty neat about farming. So thank you Marlon and Renee for allowing me to photograph your beautiful property!

Jonathan, the boys, and I then ventured to where my husband grew up. Its out in the country and we found a pretty cute little squirrel eating on top of a fence post. It was fitting because Jonathan has this affinity for squirrels. He constantly makes up these stories about squirrels and its hilarious. We were in Washington D.C. for my grandparents 50th anniversary and we stayed in their beautiful home. They live just down the road from CIA headquarters and Jonathan made up this whole elaborate story about the CIA operative squirrels who took refuge in my grandparents backyard. Needless to say it had my Dad and I laughing quite hard. Oh Jonathan, you silly man.

Is he not the cutest thing ever though?
In any event, it just felt good to relax for a weekend. It felt good to go out and explore and leave some of the worries and cares behind that I have felt in past weeks. It felt good to soak up the beauty of the world around me. And with my family by my side no less. I even got those photos I wanted for Lukas room. Talk about an extra special bonus =)

And so, another week begins. Next up on our agenda is my OB appointment combined with a fetal echo and growth scan on the 5th. Then we meet with Dr. Turrentine on the 13th at Riley, then I have another OB appointment and the beginning of my bi-weekly non-stress tests on the 25th. Yikes. Busy next few weeks coming up, but each passing day is just another step closer to seeing this precious boy whom I love so deeply! And that is definitely something to look forward to.

And even though we couldn't get out and play outside this weekend cause it was a little chilly, I thought I would share a few pictures from the other day of my own two beautiful little squirrels.

His mama makes this same face when concentrating too, haha
and who could forget my little peeping tom - aka Hayden
 Have a happy Monday friends and as always - please keep our sweet boy in your thoughts and prayers!
Photobucket
Share |

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the pics in this post! Keeping you all in our prayers! Have a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa Lugar, Christie's mommyMarch 29, 2011 at 4:17 PM

    Hey Sweetheart, I love all the pictures you have posted. It is a testament of how much you love your family and I mean all your family. You amaze me everyday little girl. I am so lucky to have you, Starr and Richard as my beautiful and wonderful children. I am so blessed to have Paige (my only granddaughter so far), Brayden, Riley, Hayden, Trenton, and Lukas (getting ready for his arrival) as my God given gifts of joy. Every day I thank God for bringing all of you into my life. I am thankful for Brandon, Jonathan, and Mandi. I love each one of them as they bring happiness and joy into your lives. Life is a path we all get the chance to walk and the choices are many, the problem is making all the right choices. No one will make all the right choices, but that is OK if we learn from our mistakes. Having love, joy, and laughter in your heart makes it easy to forgive all the mistakes you make and everyone makes against you. God always loves us no matter what. Lukas will be born into a non-perfect world, but his arrival will bring everyone together to witness another one of God's miracles and gifts. As Lukas grows up he will remind us all how much we should believe in God and his power, because it will be God's love and power that will protect Lukas through his journey. Always remember that God will protect Lukas from harm, pain, and worry. God will protect our precious bundle of joy that will be arriving in a short time. Lukas will bring so much love and joy to this already very fortunate family. We are so lucky to have one another and to share the love that bonds us all together. Just as Mandi's birthday brought in the first day of spring, Lukas's birthday will bring in the gathering of so much love, joy, and happiness. Everyone will share in the joy, laughter, hugs, and pride in the job well done by you and Jonathan. Pretty soon his granny will be able to hold and snuggle that beautiful little boy that has a whole world praying for him. He will grow up to spread the word of the Lord, he already has. Continued……

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa Lugar, Christie's mommyMarch 29, 2011 at 4:18 PM

    Pap is so proud of you honey, as I am too. Never forget he is watching and standing by your side every day. He will always be with you. Pap will be there the day Lukas enters this world from the warmth of your belly, he will be there to give the first kiss upon the forehead of Lukas. That kiss from pappy will be a kiss of love and safety that will follow Lukas into his old age. I can see my dad's face and the grin upon his heavenly face as he is so happy with joy over all his great grand children. He is pleased. Christie, you and Jonathan have done such a wonderful job with your children, you are a great mommy and Jonathan is a wonderful daddy. Starr and Brandon have done such a great job with their children as well. They both are such wonderful parents. Richard and Mandi will start having their children soon and they will follow in the same path as you and Jonathan, and Starr and Brandon. As I set back and watch all of you and the miracles you give to the world each day, I realize how lucky I am. The Lord must think I am very special to have given me three beautiful and intelligent children like you, Starr, and Richard. Every one of you makes me so very proud and reminds me of the love God has for me. When you look into the eyes of your children, Riley, Hayden, and very soon Lukas, remember the love God has for you. Because of that love he has given you and Jonathan three precious gifts. He has given Starr and Brandon three precious gifts. He will give Richard and Mandi many precious gifts, which will start very soon. I love you Christie, Jonathan, Riley, Hayden, Lukas, Starr, Brandon, Paige, Brayden, Trenton, Richard, and Mandi. We are family and we are loved. Lukas is getting ready to join an awesome loving family. God knew to give him to a safe and loving family that will watch him grow up. Lukas, we all are waiting for you. We all love you and we all are praying for your safe arrival and your safe journey to health. God is great and he will bring you safely into our lives. As you grow you will share your story and the Lord's story. Lukas, you will be one of God's messengers and spread the Lord's love and word as you grow into an old man. How proud we all are of you already, you are the sunshine that brings the warmth of love into each and every heart. Granny loves you little Lukas, and I already have a few nicknames for you. I love you Christie and I love all the wonderful things you are doing. I could not be more proud of you sugar doll.
    Love Always and Forever and Ever,
    Your mama bear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of the cute pictures. I have a fascination with combines and ANYTHING John Deere too. I think that's why God gave me all boys instead of little girls. Ha!
    Praying for your OB appointment!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...